- Love is not just a four letter word. Love means spiritual peace. It is a supreme emotion which encompasses all relations. We all are leading high-stress lives. What would be the point if you go at the end of the day to a relationship that burns you out even further? You will just be charging the atmosphere with negative vibrations.
- Love is as natural instinct as breathing, sleeping and laughing. Shakespeare said, ‘Love is blind’. Yes, but it should not be underestimated. It is as important as the creative urge. In fact, there are different states of existence. If your love life is right, it will help you perform better and help you evade all kinds of storms and cyclones that you may otherwise have to confront. Else, it may act as a catalyst in letting your life and career go off track.
- According to Antoine de Saint-Exupery, “Love is just not two people looking at each other, but in fact, two people looking in the same direction.” When two people just look at each other, it is “Luv”, and with two people looking in the same direction, it is “Love.”
- Genuine love creates a unique bonding giving each other space to grow. Love does not shackle you. It ideally sets you free to be yourself, to be normal.
- Relationships break up for a variety of reasons, e.g. expecting too much from each other or not treating each other on an equality basis. Incidentally, there are certain facts which need to be unfolded. The whole idea of Mr. Right or Ms. Right is hogwash. Nobody is perfect for measuring up to that title. So what is the point in beating around the bush?
- To comprehend the whole concept once has to invest time in a relationship. The returns are more than their worth measured in gold. In the long run, when you look back at life, it is not the trophies that you have won or the bank balance that you are equipped with, but whether you have a loving a caring people around you on whom you can depend on emotionally. A happy and a joyful life, born out of love, is the greatest gift one can ever imagine possessing.
- Real love is forever. I believe that I would be a poorer person without love – empty and depressed. Without love, life would be a desert mirage.
This conversation between Dr. Brand and Cooper during their Interstellar travel, drives the emotion home:
COOPER: You’re a scientist, Brand.
BRAND: I am. So listen to me when I tell you that love isn’t something we invented - it’s observable, powerful. Why shouldn’t it mean something?
COOPER: It means social utility - child rearing, social bonding.
BRAND: We love people who’ve died ... where’s the social utility in that? Maybe it means more - something we can’t understand, yet. Maybe it’s some evidence, some artifact of higher dimensions that we can’t consciously perceive. I’m drawn across the universe to someone I haven’t seen for a decade, who I know is probably dead. Love is the one thing we’re capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space. Maybe we should trust that, even if we can’t yet understand it.